Management of Bazilio Cobb Associates believes strongly in community participation, both business and charitable. Professionals participating in the leadership of the business community strengthens not only the individuals, but it also enhances the business community and citizenry as a whole by promoting thought exchange of the best and brightest in their respective professions.
For example, during Ralph Bazilio’s tenure as the Chairman of the Prince George’s Chamber of Commerce, the Chamber actively supported the County government initiative to encourage the developer of National Harbor to contract with local metro area businesses in constructing the complex and for on-going retail. This brought revenue to local businesses, which, in turn, brought employment opportunities to the local residents.
Our commitment to the business community and our profession is evident though our past and current leadership positions with the following organizations:
We believe that, as professionals, participation in the business community is important. We believe just as strongly that, as people, participation in the community as a whole is equally important. Some of the firm’s activities include:
- Sponsorship of the Joe Gibb’s Youth for Tomorrow program
- Providing Christmas gifts to young mothers and children in need through the Healthy Babies Project
- Staff volunteers for Christmas in April who rehabilitated the homes of elderly and disabled homeowners so that they may live in warmth, safety, and independence
- Sponsorship of the Howard University School of Business and Center for Accounting Education
- Support of the Greater Washington Urban League financial literacy program for young adults
We encourage our staff to be involved personally as well as through firm-sponsored activities. The organizations supported and level of involvement is an individual choice, just be involved! Our staff commitment to their communities is as diverse as the staff itself. Whether walking to raise money and awareness for a cause or sitting on an organization’s board, our staff get involved. Some of those activities include:
- Leadership roles in Ben’s Chili Bowl Foundation, the U Street Theatre Foundation, Youth Power Center, Fingerprints Child Development Center, the DC Public Library Foundation, YMCA of Metropolitan Washington, Wolf Trap Associates, Junior Achievement, United Planning Organization, the Dance Institute of Washington, and the Whitman Walker Clinic
- Providing financial and volunteer support to Medical Missionaries, Red Cross, Shelter for Abused Women, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Turning Point Suffragist Memorial, Beast Health Inc., and many other worthwhile organizations
- Participating in the Asthma Walk for the American Lung Association, the Walk for Lupus Now, and the Race for the Cure
- Running a home for elderly rescue dogs